Friday, February 11, 2011

Forest Creature - Frustrated Analogue














I first heard about these guys when one of their songs (from this album) popped up on Pitchfork.com for a bit last year. I thought it was catchy, and hunted down a link for the one album they put out(turns out this link was actually released by the band). Each song is its own noise-drone piece, normally with some aggressive synthetic loops of sound and tones. This album is for fans of the band Fuck Buttons, and who are looking for the next level of that kind of madness. It's intermediate-level Fuck Buttonry; much more raw, simplistic and devoid of vocals. Highly worth a listen to anyone who likes to just zone out on some weird shit. Definitely not the easiest music to listen to, but is still kind of addicting. I've been listening to this album since last year, and still I find myself putting it on just to have a freak out of some sort. And it still does the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment