Thursday, June 2, 2011

Animal Collective - Fall Be Kind



















This EP came out a while ago, but since I've noticed that most Animal Collective fans I've talked to haven't heard of it, let alone listened to it, I feel it behooves all of us to have it up on the Knuckles. This album has a unique sound for AC: Pensive, deep, moody, but very trippy while still being distinctly Animal Collective. It departs from their energetic, ecstatic kids-running-around-in-the-sprinkler sort of sound that you heard in their Merriwether sound. These guys have calmed the fuck down on this album and it works out great because then it draws you in slowly and becomes more atmospheric and shit. This was the First Animal Collective album I listened to (a late bloomer for that bandwagon, I know) so I may have some bias, but this goes out as my favorite Animal Collective album listened to thus far. A darker, more mature experience, like the introspective experience of a nightime drug trip in the woods as opposed to the bikeride acid trip in the middle of the day feel of their other albums. Let's see how their upcoming album pans out; I heard they're going back to their noise roots, so that'll be exciting to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment