Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cassiber - A Face We All Know



















I like my rock and roll weird and interesting (and... shall I say, disconcerting?) and Cassiber delivers all that in spades. A source of inspiration for the likes of Yoshihide Otomo and his band Ground-Zero, it is German improvisational avant-garde rock that just does all sorts of really interesting songs unlike anything I've ever heard. Perhaps it is comparable to the likes of John Zorn type stuff (but they don't use sax in this album). Some of the sounds consist of German-accented vocals wailing and commanding through sound effects, all types of goofy organs, bass plucks, and awesome drumming. It crosses genres, moods, styles and expectations, in funny and unnerving ways. I'm doing you all a favor exposing you to this ingenious and innovative band, and I'll be sure to post their other albums shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment